Monday, February 9, 2015

Blanchard, Oklahoma- Week 29


Hey!
Sorry the emails have been a little shorter, I am going to try to make them longer. Going to the temple was awesome, it was really cool, I think I talked about it in my last email, but it was a smaller temple, but still cool. Blanchard is about 30min  away from it I think, so its not that bad. My last area, Clinton, was about 2 hours away. We were not able to meet with the dust bowl lady last week, we plan on doing that this week hopefully. Our progress with the treasure hunter is actually getting better! We watched The Testaments with him, I we think he felt the spirit, so that's great :) Exchanges are usually once a transfer so they don't happen too often, unless the zone leaders are also doing exchanges. To answer a questions about that picture of us locked out of the New Castles place, I live in Blanchard, but on Mondays and Fridays, we get a ride up there in the morning so then we go with them to p-day or district meeting. When we got there, they were not back yet, so that's why we were locked out. I don't know when tornado season is, but it's not for a while so I still have time to prepare to be a storm chaser! Ok, so we had a really fun P-day!!!!!!! we went to the Museum of Natural History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome! Dinosaurs, space, science, everything! Knowledge! And I took lots of pictures for you! Don't worry I'm in them too. One of the workers there was talking with us for a while, she was 80, but she didn't look like it,  and was walking around all over the place, and she was really funny. She was trying to convince Elder Mulitalo to crawl through a small tunnel that was there into this cave, and then told us all about the dinosaurs and where they came from, it was really cool! We got to have another lesson with a less active and his daughters, his daughters like us coming over now and are sharing spiritual thoughts, so that is a lot of progress, and there dad enjoys us coming over too, so we are really excited about that. We did service at the library again, there wasn't that much to do, so they told us go to our favorite section and check out some of the books there :) that was fun. On Saturday, we had the funniest service project ever! We cleared brush and trees all day with machetes!!!! How fun is that!?! Now all I want is a machete! I didn't get any pictures of that, I wish I did, but we got a lot done, and the place looks so much better. So today we are all playing baseball so that should be really fun. Elder Mulitalo and I have been quoting the sandlot all morning, and I am bringing the baseball which was "signed by Babe Ruth" hahaha, so its going to be a fun day. Have a great week!
I have decided, in my house, I'm going to have a room full of stuff like this:)


That is a wierd looking squid bug thing...


That's just scary

This would be a good jump scare hahaha

I feel so small!

Fish are friends not food.... maybe except this one.


Kevin!


Into the belly of the beast......

Sunday morning was wierd, lots of fog, and the sun did not help, it was blinding.