Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wichita Falls, Texas- Week 31

Hey,
Ok so first, Monday and Tuesday was mostly me packing so I guess not that many eventful things happened during that. Now on to Wednesday, that is transfer day. It was nice to see everyone at transfers, I miss Blanchard and everyone there, but I know I’m going to Texas for a reason. So the drive from Moore to Wichita Falls took about 2 1/2 hours, so that was a long ride. After that, we get to the Zone leaders place where our cars where, so we load them up and Elder Rodriguez hands me the keys, so I’m like great..... Can you drive to our place? His response- Nope, I can’t drive..... sooo I drove to our apartment, and I did it, doesn't mean I liked it but we lived. Still not fond of driving. All the areas in Texas, Wichita Falls, Vernon, and Seymour are one zone, so it’s big area wise, but not that many missionaries here. In my district there is me and Elder Rodriguez, Elder Quist and Schwartz (yes, Elder Schwartz my companion from the CCM!!!), and Sister Ellis and Sister Young. The next day we had to take our car in the shop to get fixed, so we will be on bikes till we get that back. Wichita Falls has a pretty big ward. Largest I have ever been in out here, not sure if I like the small isolated places like I’m used to more or the larger wards yet. I’m thinking the smaller I like better because you get to know everyone in the town and they know you as well. The members are nice here and they feed us often to that is awesome. We have been doing a lot of work here, mostly with the less actives, there are so many here so we are busy, but we have had great success in bring them back, so the ward is growing :) I got to meet the "famous people" here, in all of my areas, missionaries always talk about Mike and Steve, so I got to meet them, and they are awesome! On Saturday we got chased by a dog on our bikes again, didn't get bit this time so yeah! Evasive maneuvers!   How can dogs run so fast? Elder Rodríguez kicked it in the face when it got close, didn't even faze it, as he said it felt like a brick wall. We went back to that area the next day and the dog wasn't there, so hopefully that was just a random thing that happened. Oh and on Saturday there was freezing rain all day and we are on our bikes all day as well, so by the end of the day we were covered in ice, we stayed warm though, so that was good. P-day was a lot smaller then I’m used to, the best p-days were in Norman, all of the zone came every week, but this was just our district and the zone leaders, so we played sports all day. And on Sunday, it snowed all day so the roads were pretty bad, that's why I’m emailing today instead of yesterday. I love you guys, and time is going by so fast.
The Norman Zone at Red Robins!
 It was a baptism in Norman, and all the Elders that showed up (Some from other places in the mission because they previously taught the ppl being baptized) went to Red Robin. And HOLY SMOKES! So much fun! And then there happened to be a bishop in the stake there, and he secretly paid for all of us! HOLY SMOKES! A huge blessing! Easily $250. He's a generous man. So many Blessings!

Elder Mulitalo and Elder Corbin!