Monday, July 27, 2015

Chickasha, Oklahoma- Week 51


Hey! 
This week is crazy busy as usual :) one of our investigators got baptized this week! So that was great to see, everything went great, and I was able to do the confirmation, I was a little nervous for that at first, but after, that feeling went away, it is amazing how the spirit works! And I thought it was really cool that she wanted me to do it :). Our investigators are doing good, they are progressing and it is so cool to see what a change the gospel has on their lives. We had a service project for Tammy this week, members of the branch and us came over and helped her with some yard work, that was a big help to her because she is getting hip surgery soon, and then wouldn't be able to do it for a while. I think it is acts of service like that, could be big or small, that are things that someone will remember for a long time. On Wednesday, we got to have a movie night at the church! We watched Meet the Mormons, and quite a few people showed up! It was great to see more of the branch here come together and have investigators there too. We had popcorn and some other snacks there. Most people here haven't seen that movie before and they loved it!  On Friday we had exchanges, I went to Anadarko with Elder Lindelof, we had a pretty good day, talked to people, walked around a lot, and had some really good lessons. They are also having a baptism soon. I always like exchanges, you get to meet different people, and it is really cool to see when we talk with people on the street. Most of them that we talk to have talked with missionaries in the past. On Sunday we had branch conference, and we had two of our investigators come to church! The talks were awesome, I think everyone enjoyed it. We had a potluck afterward which was also super fun. Still trying to learn the area, its going a little better, I have a little map that I keep in my pocket to look at, so that helps. Have to get ready for when Elder Lyman leaves, and that is in a week and a half now! I have moved a lot, normally people stay in areas a lot longer. I don't know why I have been moved around so much and President doesn't say ahead of time. I have been in 5 areas, and have had 8 companions so far...... that's more than some get in their entire two years. Alright, love and miss you all!